MC261 - Buckhead Associates - Buckhead - Printer Installation (Mac)
Article ID: 13
Last updated: 26 Nov, 2018
|KWBA - MC261 - Printers Quick Guide
||Upstairs Large Workroom
||Upstairs Small Workroom
| Driver Bundle for Lanier.pkg
1. Please download the Lanier.pkg above. This is the driver bundle for Lanier 01, Lanier 02, and Lanier 03.
2. Once downloaded, find them in your Downloads folder on your Mac (Click on Finder, then Downloads).
3. Double click on the Lanier.pkg file and follow the prompts to install the printer driver.
4. Once installed click on System Preferences. Click on Printers & Scanners.
5. Click on the + sign in the bottom left corner of that window and then click on IP (3rd tab up top).
6. In the Address field type in 10.23.45.21, change/leave Protocol to Line Printer Daemon - LPD and leave Queue blank.
7. Change the Name field to Lanier 01, Location field enter Upstairs Hallway. In the Use field, change from "Generic PostSript Printer" to "Select Software". The printer software pop up box will appear. In the search field enter "C4504" and choose "Ricoh MP C4504ex PS" from the results. (Choose MP C4504ex PS for Lanier 02 as well. Then search for "C3004 for Lanier 03)This is crucial if it says AirPrint,
change it to the PS driver. Click on Add. On the next page click on Next and it should be installed.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 changing the Address field each time to 10.23.45.22, then to 10.23.45.23. These
are the addresses for Lanier 02 and Lanier 03 respectively. Location fields enter Upstairs Agents Work Area
(for Lanier 02) and Downstairs (for Lanier 03) respectively. Make sure and change the Name and Location accordingly
with each iteration.
9. Once installed launch any program (TextEdit would do but do NOT use Chrome or Adobe Reader) and
select File, Print. This will invoke the print dialog.
10. See attached photo and make the following changes following the instructions BELOW the picture.
10.1. Click on Printer and select Lanier 01, remove the checkmark for Two-sided printing. (well, if you prefer two-sided,
by all means keep it).
10.2. Click on the "TextEdit" menu (in this example TextEdit, could be Firefox, Safari, Word, etc) below Orientation and
select Job Log, put a checkmark next to Enable User Code and then enter your office Print code. Ask your Agent
Services Coordinator what your code is if you do not know it.
10.3. Click on Job Log below Orientation and select Printer Features. Now click on Presets at the top and choose
Save Current Settings as a Preset. Name the Preset - Color. Now change the Color Mode at the bottom (2nd from bottom)
to Black and White. Click on Presets again and select the same Save Current Settings as a Preset. This time name the
Preset - BW.
10.4. Now choose the Printer at the top of the Print Dialog and select Lanier 02 and Laneir 03, repeat 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 for
Going forward make sure to Always select BW or Color preset to print, otherwise it will not print. The presets have the
color selection and, most importantly, your print code.